We just found out that the wonderful US government is screwing us over yet again. The USCIS (immigration) has decided to change the rules for Vietnam adoptions. There is a form that is normally filed once you are in country. Now they have decided that effective 10/29 it has to be filed here. This means that we can't travel until we get the form filed and receive the approval. Our USCIS is in New Orleans and have always been extremely slow. We are looking at possibly not traveling for three months.
The frustrating thing is that if the USCIS had let our agency know that this was coming we could have filed at the end of August when we first received Ava's referral. Please pray that we receive our approval in record time.
Monday, October 22, 2007
The Most Horrible News Ever
Posted by
Leigh
at
6:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh Leigh, I am SO sorry to hear of this sad news. I will be praying for you, sweet Ava, and the rest of your family tonight and in the days to follow. It's amazing what the government is capable of screwing up. I am so sorry.
I'm so sorry. I hope that a way can be found to speed up this process, so that Ava will be in your arms soon.
I am so so sorry. I know you have waited a long time to get your travel. I will pray that our lovely government can find a way to speed up the process.
What horrible news for your family and Ava. I normally only lurk on your site, but I wanted to suggest you call your US Senator (or US Rep.) after you submit your form. I called for our first adoption when our 171H didn't come (it was mailed the day after the Senators office called) and I used them again when they tried to make me pay hundreds of dollars to have our 171H changed from HCMC to Hanoi (I got the corrected form almost immedately after the Senators office called and they never asked for more money). Hopefully they can help you out. Good luck
Tracy
Someone in an adoption group that I belong to called USCIS and they were told that there is no set date yet, just ideas of when. They were also told that people will be "grandfathered". I would call your agency and your USCIS and find out for sure. LOTS of people are panicing today!
Leigh, I'm so very sorry to hear this....how frustrating..three months??? I hope they can speed up the process. We'll be praying for you...you know we love yall!
Post a Comment